Saturday, August 31, 2013

DCM REPORT

DCM REPORT
DIST. 8C MTG
SAT. AUG.31,2013

I would like to start off my report with a word of thanks to all who have shown their support
and prayers to me and my family. As some of you know my father-in-law has
been in real poor health, and has been in and out of the hospital several times. My mother-in-
law has also had complete knee replacement and is in a healing and rehab process as well. It
appears that we are just waiting for God to call him home. Once again thanks to all.

On a lighter note I would like to report that the 2^d Chance Group in Fal. Held a brown bag
special fundraiser on Aug. 8th, which consisted of a brisket burger,chips, and a drink for $5.00.
Happy to announce that it was a big success, bringing in a total of $290.00 in donations. All
items used were contributed by the group members, and most of the donations brought in by
family and friends of group members, and being aware of the traditions as far as anonymity was
concerned. Proceeds to be used for the literature fund.

Would also like to report that I had the pleasure of attending the PUCPC conference in Austin
on Aug. 16-18- The theme for the conf. was "Anonymous, not invisible". I found it very
informative and interesting and really enjoyed being in attendance. I am sad to report though
that I accidentally dropped my reading glass case onto the street and they rolled into the storm
drain. The conf. was held at the Hilton Garden Inn and was a real nice hotel, next to the
renowned 6th street. Several workshops were held and some with panels of speakers as well.

A documentary on Bill W was also shown that I found to be very informative, that also gave an
account on his life and history of the program. Several talks were given on the public
information aspect of the conf and cooperating with the professional community as well.

Another speaker gave a talk on Pl outreach: Carrying the message to alcoholics with special
needs, which was interpreted by sign language, which I thought was really neat. After each talk
we all had the opportunity to ask questions if we had any.

Also happy to report that I did very well on the raffle, winning four different items. There were
approx. 80 items to be raffled, which I and a couple of group members from fal donated a few
items. And with this I conclude my report and look forward to attending the assembly in
Weslaco in Oct. thanks for letting me be your trusted servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment