Saturday, October 11, 2014

AA Thought for the Day - October 12, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

October 12, 2014

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Vulnerable
Mistakes are made in any form of human endeavor.  Some of them are grievous or catastrophic.
Alcoholism can be arrested -- not cured. . . .
There is no guaranteed preventive against the first drink and any dry alcoholic whose thinking becomes muddled can be vulnerable.
... and when we take the first constructive step toward self-forgiveness, the healing has begun.
When one comes to end -- one can also come to a beginning.

- The AA Grapevine, May 1955

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I self-forget I find.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G R A C E = Gently Releasing All Conscious Expectations.

A Member Shares:
Good morning all, Tony, alcoholic.  Vulnerable: To be susceptible to physical or emotional injury.  I recall that when I first came to the Fellowship a guy shared the following, "I love alcoholics," and I nodded in agreement.  "I love everyone in this room," and I nodded in agreement.  Then, he said, "There is a guy here tonight who I don’t like, but I love him."  And immediately my head said, “He must be talking about me!”  Because, of course, everything was about me.  Through working the first nine Steps in the order they are written, I have found to my surprise that I lost interest in selfish things and gained interest in my fellows.  Then the wonderful, joyous, beautiful Step Ten showed me that I no longer needed to be susceptible to injury, either physically or emotionally.  You taught me how to turn the other cheek, not always physically, but always mentally.  By mentally turning the other cheek, I will not allow myself to become angry, upset, resentful or fearful over the actions of another.  To quote something I heard earlier: "The answer is God .. what's the question?"  Bless you!

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment