Saturday, May 23, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - May 24, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

May 24, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Sanity
"Sanity" is defined as "soundness of mind."  Yet no alcoholic, soberly analyzing his destructive behavior,
whether the destruction fell on the dining-room furniture or his own moral fiber, can claim "soundness of mind" for himself. . .
True humility and an open mind can lead us to faith,
and every AA meeting is an assurance that God will restore us to sanity if we rightly relate ourselves to Him.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 33

Thought to Ponder . . .
I sit at a meeting until the bus of sanity comes by; then I climb aboard.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

A Member Shares:
Hi, I'm Kevin, an alcoholic.  When coming into AA I was like a hybrid.  I condemned religion, but thought that I knew enough about religion that I knew God.  But as I started to learn about faith, and a God of my understanding, I realized that maybe I was not all there yet.  God was still a riddle to me, and I found that I needed to clear a path to understand how God actually works.  It wasn't about the quantity of faith, or my understanding of religion, the answer to this riddle is the quality of faith.  I did not just have to believe that there was a God, but in a God who loves me and was willing to restore me from the insanity of alcohol.  The more One Day At A Time's I get under my belt the more insane I see my alcoholism.  And I see and have started to learn how the will of God works in my life to restore me from that insanity of the first drink.  Today I have a relationship with God, not a demanding one, but one where I ask for God's help, and how I can be of service to God.  I now notice how God works in my life, not only by relieving me of the obsession for alcohol, but in all the little “God moments” that I now see which clear the pathway of my life.  My life and sanity have taken a turn for the better now that I have decided to believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to sanity.  Yes, having had that moment of clarity that Kevin's way wasn't working was the start of a new beginning.  I hope you all join me on this road to a happy destiny.  Thanks so much for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment