Sunday, December 8, 2013

AA Thought for the Day December 8, 2013

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 8, 2013

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Step Three

"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."
To every worldly and practical beginner, this Step looks hard, even impossible.
No matter how much one wishes to try, exactly how can he turn his own will and his own life
over to the care of whatever God he thinks there is?
Fortunately, we who have tried it, and with equal misgivings,
can testify that anyone, anyone at all, can begin to do it.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 35 


Thought to Ponder . . .
What have I been given today?
Am I willing to reach out and grasp it?



A Member Shares:
My name is Hope, an alcoholic.  I said at my first Women's Group that I want to live in Step Three, and the older ladies smiled.  I felt silly -- such an obvious thought.  The very first Third Step decision I made was to come each day to the first meeting.  I didn't have to decide each day.  I made one global decision, and indeed that has taught me how to listen.  So I began to appreciate listening.  I think the big question, as Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions says, is "How?."  Just, how?  And we are all seekers and finders each day.  To bring my will in line with God's will -- that is the big "How" question one day at a time.  And the path is beautiful.  Who could have imagined asking such questions before?  Not me.  It's a gift at the heart of my sober life.

No comments:

Post a Comment