Tuesday, January 5, 2016

AA Thought for the Day - January 6, 2016


AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 6, 2016

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Let Go, Let God
When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands
were better than anything we could have planned.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 100

Thought to Ponder . . .
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
L E T  G O
= Leave Everything To God, Okay?

A Member Shares:
Hello everyone.  I'm Charlie J., and I have Alcoholism.  If you are coming back or are new to AA, welcome.  I wanted to let go of my entire life before I came back to AA, I did turn my will and life over to a Higher Power.  But you know what?  In order to learn to stay stopped I had to deal not only with my past I had to deal with life sober as it came, each day.  Each new day brought different life problems / lessons.  There are precise instructions on how to learn to stay stopped in the "Big Book," that is a fact.  But life still happens and I had many life lessons to learn, sober.  No Step explains exactly how I had to get through the death of both my parents, sober.  Or the birth of my grandchildren, sober.  Or, how to deal in a healthy way with becoming 100% disabled, sober.  How to deal with earning 2/3's less than when I was drinking.  Or, how not to get drunk over a flat tire or a broken shoelace.  These sober lessons were a gift from a Higher Power and my job was to learn from them.  I would like nothing better than to give it all to God, but I am thinking then, what's my part?  I believe that the Serenity Prayer says it all about when I need "Let go and to let God," and what God will do for me / us and what my job is.  That is my own experience, strength and hope on learning to deal with life every day, good bad or indifferent and not drink.  That is what I have to offer others today.  If you are new to AA, I suggest you study the book "Alcoholics Anonymous," apply what you learn and tighten your seat belts as you may be in for a bumpy emotional ride for a while.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment