Saturday, January 16, 2016

AA Thought for the Day - January 17, 2016

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 17, 2016

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Working With Others
. . . the thought came that there were thousands of hopeless alcoholics who might be glad to have
what had been so freely given me.
Perhaps I could help some of them.  They in turn might work with others.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 14

Thought to Ponder . . .
Sharing is sometimes more demanding than giving.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
E S H
= Experience, Strength, and Hope.

A Member Shares:
I'm Susan, an alcoholic, grateful to be alive and sober.  I was reminded this week of a time when I was standing in the middle of a road too afraid to die as a drunk and too afraid to live as a sober person.  For around my first 9 months of sobriety, that was like hell itself.  I wish today I could tell you exactly how I flipped that switch.  But the only thing I recall is that I stopped comparing myself to each of you, and just got real honest about what my drinking days had looked like, and how alcohol had essentially taken complete control of my mind.  And there are moments when I wish I could flip someone else's switch for them.  But I have to accept that this is not possible.  All I can do is focus on my relationship with my Higher Power and pray that they find their moment too.  We have made it this far into these rooms.  One thing I do try to remember as a constant, is my gratitude that I am one who God has chosen (among many) to make it this far.  Thanks for listening, and blessings to all.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment