Friday, January 8, 2016

AA Thought for the Day - January 8, 2016

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 8, 2016

Defects
What God wants me to do is rarely what I want to do.
For instance, if I want to avoid or leave, God wants me to stay and handle.
If I want to be understood or accepted by others, God wants me to try to understand or accept others a bit more.
If I want to forget, God wants me to forgive.
If I want to point the finger of blame at someone else, God wants me to see my part in creating the disaster.
If I want to dislike someone because of a grating character defect he or she has, God wants me to see the same defect in myself.

- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], pp. 218-219

Thought to Ponder . . .
If I want God to remove my character defects, I'll have to stop doing them.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W = Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.
Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org

For further information about AA-Alive, including
:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment