Wednesday, February 18, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - February 18, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

February 18, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Change
Let us never fear needed change.  Certainly we have to discriminate between changes for worse and changes for better.
But once a need becomes apparent in an individual, in a group, or AA as a whole,
it has long since been found out that we cannot stand still and look the other way.

- As Bill Sees it, p. 115

Thought to Ponder . . .
If nothing changes, nothing changes.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
N O W = No Other Way.

A Member Shares:
I'm Peyton and I'm a grateful alcoholic.  All my life I wanted to change who I was.  I was never content with being me because I didn't like myself at all.  I was the kind of adult who got a lot of "change your life" type of self-help books, but the problem was, thinking about making those changes was as far as I ever went.  That didn't work for me at all.  I learned in AA that I can't think my way into sober living.  I can't think my way into changing from a self-centered, selfish person .. it just doesn't cut it at all.  True change takes action: getting off my butt, taking the solution given by this programme, and putting it into practice in my life.  I don't always make the right choices in actions, but as long as I'm working toward changing to be the person God wants me to be, it usually works out ok.  Yes, change can be scary, but what scares me more is the thought of going back to that pitiful creature I was before I made it to AA.  Thanks for showing me how it works, and that it does work if I work it.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment