Tuesday, February 3, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - February 4, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

February 4, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Spiritual Experience
As I work the Steps in everything I do, practicing these principles in all my affairs, now I find that I am awake to God, to others, and to myself.
The spiritual awakening I have enjoyed as the result of working the Steps is the awareness that I am no longer alone.

- Daily Reflections, p. 345

Thought to Ponder . . .
A spiritual awakening is our greatest gift.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E = Heart Open; Please Enter.

A Member Shares:
Good evening, I'm Susan, a grateful alcoholic.  I no longer have a desire to drink, and have not for several years now.  I am far more interested than I used to be in helping others instead of focusing entirely on self.  I am learning about love, tolerance, patience and acceptance today .. gradually, mind you.  I barely recognize the woman in the mirror today.  Are those spiritual experiences?  I suppose that is up to my Higher Power and perhaps for you to decide for yourself.  I am simply grateful that I have the opportunity to learn, change and grow today.  I am no longer living a life of misery, but one of contentment and gratitude.  I have been blessed, indeed.  If I keep taking the actions necessary, I hope that God will see fit to help me carry on in this journey to a far better way of life.  Did it happen overnight?  Nope.  I was very stubborn, and it took many years for me to let things sink in.  I don't recommend my route to anyone today.  But we all have our own journey.  With my Higher Power, AA, Fellowship and the Steps, I am improving One Day At A Time.  Blessings to all.  Thanks for listening.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment