Tuesday, June 30, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - July 1, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

July 1, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Humility
It was only at the end of a long road, marked by successive defeats and humiliations,
and the final crushing of our self-sufficiency,
that we began to feel humility as something more than a condition of groveling despair.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 72

Thought to Ponder . . .
Learning is the very essence of humility; the two walk hand in hand.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A R T = Always Remain Teachable.

A Member Shares:
Hi, my name is Keith.  I'm an alcoholic.  I know there's a difference between humility and humiliation.  Humility is a good thing, meaning to be open to learn and to change, and how it feels to have plans and preparations to make me "whole."  I can't even manage to get that right until God is consulted.  And in the blink of an eye, all my hold-backs, incomplete Steps and conditions, my HIgher Power provides all the answers I could not see or apply.  In my attempt at self-inventory, harms done and amends to be made, He gently brushes those conflicts away and I am made truly ready.  I am humbled in the miracle.  I'm not chastised or castigated, but provided the answers I need in this exercise of Hope's gift from God.  Thank God for removing the mote in my eye.  Despite what I wanted, I fall short and am right-sized once again with the knowledge that God will do for me what I could not myself, and the humility to apply it in my life's adventure.  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment