Saturday, June 13, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - June 14, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

June 14, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Divine Grace
I'm still mystified by how I got sober,
and the only answer that makes sense is that I stopped drinking through the grace of God.
I was thinking about those of us who get sober and those who are still drinking,
and I believe the difference is that we have accepted the grace that was offered.
Every day, my Higher Power gives me the grace to be sober,
and every day I make the choice not to drink, to accept the grace.

The AA Grapevine, February 1993

Thought to Ponder . . .
The will of God will never take me where the grace of God will not protect me.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G R A C E = Gently Releasing All Conscious Expectations.

A Member Shares:
I'm Susan, an alcoholic.  I wasn't too fond of any God when I arrived in AA.  I was raised in the church but developed poor opinions on the whole God deal.  I believe it was because that I had God's will confused with human will.  For years, I woke up each day saying I was not going to drink, and every day I failed.  Then one day, I woke up and somehow I knew that absolutely nothing and no one was going to stop me from going to an AA meeting.  Where do you suppose that came from?  All I can guess is that it came from God.  Unfortunately, I did not recognize this at the time and I kept Him at a distance for many years of being sober.  They were not very good years, just in case you were wondering.  Then when a huge event occurred in my life within a 48-hour period, somehow I connected with my Higher Power.  Since that day, our relationship has been developing slowly, and I have become a totally different person than I used to be.  It shocks me sometimes, in fact.  I wonder who this woman in the mirror is.  I do not recognize her.  I truly believe this has come about from finally "Letting Go and Letting God," as they say.  I am blessed.  I do not take sobriety or my HP for granted any more.  I have watched too many go back out, and know that many never make it back.  I cannot afford to forget that.  Blessings, and thanks for listening.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment