Tuesday, June 16, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - June 17, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

June 17, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Progress
No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles.
We are not saints.  The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines.
The principles we have set down are guides to progress.
We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.

Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 60

Thought to Ponder . . .
The road to recovery is always under construction.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

A Member Shares:
Hi everyone, I'm Frannie a grateful alcoholic.  I have a copy of a favorite little AA book called "Daily Reflections."  I started reading this book 10 years ago when I was new, and I can measure my growth by this little book.  Earlier, I didn't understand a lot of stuff in it, but today when using this same book I understand so much more.  I need to see growth in my program just like everyone does.  So when I was asked to chair this meeting, I boldly said I would.  And, sure enough, I found this topic for discussion in my little book on page 156, and have discovered that there is not a single "don't" in any Step: "AA is not a program of 'don’ts’, but of 'do's.'  AA is not martial law; it is freedom.  AA is not tears over defects, but sweat over fixing them.  AA is not penitence; it is salvation.  AA is not 'Woe to me' for my sins, past and present.  AA is 'Praise God" for the progress I am making today."  I will never be perfect.  But I can make progress.  And that's all this program asks me to do.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment