Sunday, July 19, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - July 20, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

July 20, 2015

Discovery
I figured why I'd been unsuccessful with sobriety in the past.  The answer was on page fifty-eight:
"Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program . . ."
My problem was not that I could not, because I knew I could; my problem was that I would not.
After this discovery, I commenced to follow the program as outlined in the Big Book, and for the first time,
I completely gave myself to this simple program.

- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], p. 17

Thought to Ponder . . .
Recovery is discovery.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W = Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.
Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org

For further information about AA-Alive, including
:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment