Tuesday, July 7, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - July 8, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

July 8, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Novel Idea
My friend suggested what then seemed a novel idea.  He said,
"Why don't you choose your own conception of God?"  That statement hit me hard. . .
It was only a matter of being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself.
Nothing more was required of me to make my beginning.
  Would I have it?  Of course I would!
Thus I was convinced that God is concerned with us humans when we want Him enough.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12

Thought to Ponder . . .
A new world came into view.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G O D = Good Orderly Direction.

A Member Shares:
I'm Charlie J., and I have Alcoholism.  I only knew one thing about a God when I came back to AA; God turned His/Her back on me when I was a child.  I mean, think about it -- I never got one thing I ever prayed for.  I never got that new bike!  Well, I think you can see where the real problem was; it was me.  Not that I was bad, but I had never really grasped what God could or would do, or what my job was in the grand scheme of things.  So I gave up on God.  Then, when I found I never wanted to drink again, my dear friend Joe B. told me exactly what I needed to know when I came back to AA.  He simply asked me, "What do you know about God?"  I said, "Nothing."  He then told me, "What you do need to know is, you're not it!"  I can assure you that I still seek a better understanding of God, life, my job, and what God's job is.  Most of my sober troubles were learning to try not to do God's job.  But I had to learn what that was first.  If you’re new, or coming back to AA and are having trouble with a God or Higher Power, not to worry.  If you can find an open mind and a little trust in the Twelve Steps, you will find what you need.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment