Sunday, July 26, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - July 26, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

July 26, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Fear
The practice of AA's Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions in our personal lives
brought incredible releases from fear of every description,
despite the wide prevalence of formidable personal problems.
When fear did persist, we knew it for what it was, and under God's grace we became able to handle it.

- The Language of the Heart, p. 268

Thought to Ponder . . .
Situations I fear are rarely as bad as the fear itself.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F E A R = False Events Appearing Real.

A Member Shares:
Good morning everyone, my name is Michael and I am an alcoholic.  As long as I can remember, even in early childhood, I was fearful.  Fear was my constant companion.  I was afraid of other children and new situations and felt so awkward.  When I discovered alcohol at age 11, the fear dissipated.  Alcohol made me feel like Superman; I was no longer awkward or afraid.  Alcohol served me well for many years.  Then, at the end it boomeranged.  Alcohol no longer worked; it magnified my fears and the nightmares and the fear of living overwhelmed me.  I was at the turning point ... either kill myself or live.  Thank God for AA.  When I become afraid today, it’s because I am living in the future and relying on myself.  If I do what the Big Book says, ask my Higher Power for help to remove the fear and call my sponsor, fear usually dissipates.  I like Step 11 to deal with fear too … let go and let God.  It works for me one day at a time.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment