Tuesday, August 18, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - August 19, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

August 19, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Prayer and Meditation
Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us.
We no longer live in a completely hostile world.
We are no longer lost and frightened and purposeless.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105

Thought to Ponder . . .
Prayer asks the question.  Meditation listens for the answer.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
P U S H = Pray Until Something Happens.

A Member Shares:
I'm Frannie, a grateful alcoholic.  Prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening.  And my God hasn't changed a bit.  He was with me during every drink I took.  He was there trying to show me a better way.  I thought He had forgotten all about me.  He seemed so good to all my family, but I believed He had left me.  Well, He saved the very best for last ... He brought me to treatment and AA.  He didn’t leave me.  He is with me today.  He has created my miracle, and I am so grateful.  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment