Saturday, August 29, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - August 30, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

August 30, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Steps Eight and Nine
Steps Eight and Nine are concerned with personal relationships.
First, we take a look backward and try to discover where we have been at fault;
next we make a vigorous attempt to repair the damage we have done; and third,
having thus cleaned away the debris of the past, we consider how, with our newfound knowledge of ourselves,
we may develop the best possible relations with every human being we know.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 77

Thought to Ponder . . .
The first step in overcoming mistakes is to admit them.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S T E P S
= Solutions Through Each Powerful Step.

A Member Shares:
Hi friends, Susan, alcoholic, and grateful to be alive and sober.  I have noted that we alkies often jump ahead to oncoming Steps and freak ourselves out sometimes.  Step Eight for me goes something like this: make a list of names of people we have harmed, it will come from our 4th Step if we have been thoroughly honest and perhaps if there are new ones since then.  And for me, I divide it into 3 groups of willingness ... those I am ready to do now, those I am prepared to do soon, and those that I say no freakin' way, are you nuts?  Then, when I get to Step Nine, I make amends to those I can do easily, just to get in the groove and pray for those whom I have said never about, until I can become willing.  Best to get started rather then sit still.  So when people say to me, eeks! I simply can't do Step Nine, when we are on Step Eight, I say exactly ... we are not there yet, it will come shortly.  But this program is about living in today.  So we focus on Step Eight while we are in it.  Seems easier somehow.  Thanks for listening.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:

Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment