Saturday, October 24, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - October 25, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

October 25, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

An Attitude of Gratitude
When I was drinking, my attitude was totally selfish, totally self-centered; my pleasure and my comfort came first.
Now that I am sober, self-seeking has started to slip away.
My whole attitude toward life and other people is changing. . . .
My attitude now is that I am willing to go to any length to stay sober!

- Daily Reflections, p. 161

Thought to Ponder . . .
Grateful is a feeling.  Gratitude is an action.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A
= Attitude Adjustment.

A Member Shares:
Hi all, I'm Shawn, an alcoholic.  It doesn't take long for my mind to go into self-centered mode.  I catch myself, or I'm reminded by someone that life isn't all about me.  Because of the program, I can correct these self-centered actions; hopefully they don't occur too many times in a day.  More often than not, if I put into practice an attitude of gratitude, I can enjoy my day while being a better person.  I can make a physical or mental list of what I'm truly grateful for, and that list has seemed to grow since finding AA.  If I don't practice being grateful, my life will most likely become miserable quickly, to the point where I don't want to be around myself.  It can be frustrating thinking that I've been sober several years but still need to constantly work the program to have some serenity.  Early in sobriety, I would make gratitude lists but I was just going through the motions and not really grateful.  Today, I'm truly grateful for all those same things and I owe it to my Higher Power, the program, and all of you for helping me live the way I do today.  My perspective toward life has changed since coming to AA.  It’s a beautiful way to go through life by feeling grateful for having a roof over my head.  Thank you all for being here and for helping me to stay sober one more day.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment