Tuesday, October 27, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - October 28, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

October 28, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Forgiveness
"Under very trying conditions I have had, again and again, to forgive others -- also myself.
Have you recently tried this?"

- As Bill Sees It, p. 268

Thought to Ponder . . .
Forgiveness is the final form of love.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
T G I F
= Thank God I'm Forgiven.

A Member Shares:
Hi all, I'm Claudia, an alcoholic.  It's been my experience that resentments, or lack of forgiveness, become a stronghold which can have power over me as much as drinking can.  Alcohol and resentments are the strongholds, and I am the prisoner.  Usually, the person I resent is going about life and I’m stuck in stewing.  I must remember that forgiving doesn’t necessarily let the “offender” off the hook, but forgiveness does free me to live in the day and in the moment.  I don’t miss that jail of mental insanity and anguish at all.  The ability to let go of resentments and live is but one of the blessings afforded me as I work this program.  Forgiveness may not mean that I forget, but it does mean I don’t dwell on the offense … real or imagined.  I let go and let God deal with it as often as I need.  Forgiveness is for me.  It doesn’t change the past but it does enlarge my future.  Forgiveness and letting go of resentment is a choice, and God always honors my puny efforts.  I am able to forgive much because I have been forgiven much and for that I am grateful.  As long as I continue to do the next right thing, stay in contact with God and my sponsor, and maintain a spirit of humility, I live life abundantly without the baggage of heavy resentments.  I think I’ll do that again … just for today.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment