Tuesday, March 10, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - March 11, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

March 11, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Letting Go
If I let go, I thought, then I wouldn't be anybody.  Well, who was I, anyway?  Just a willful, alcoholic woman.
Now I'm beginning to see that letting go doesn't mean giving up.  It means opening myself to new vistas.
There have been moments of what I would call ecstasy.  I'm thrilled and I'm scared at the same time.

- Came To Believe . . ., p. 41

Thought to Ponder . . .
Get a grip on letting go.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
L E T  G O = Leave Everything To God, Okay?

A Member Shares:
I'm Peyton and I'm a grateful alcoholic.  Believing in God has never been difficult for me.  Believing He could do things that were miraculous also wasn't difficult to believe, or to see in other people.  I just somehow had missed how truly relying on God, as I understood Him, would work in my life was all about.  Maybe I wasn't ready to see it; it really doesn't matter now.  In AA, I've learned, and continue to learn, that when I give my life to God, and try to do His will rather than my own, life works out a lot better for me.  I see it in you all who are living this programme and practicing it in all your affairs.  And I experience it, feel it, see it, and believe it, when I let go and have faith that God will work out all to my best whether I understand it or not.  Thanks for showing me how it works, and that it does work if I work it.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

Please add us to your contacts/address book so this is not marked as spam.

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment