Saturday, March 21, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - March 22, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

March 22, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Concept
My friend suggested what seemed then a novel idea.  He said,
"Why don't you choose your own conception of God?"  That statement hit me hard.
It melted the icy intellectual mountain in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years.
I stood in the sunlight at last.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12

Thought to Ponder . . .
Take a walk with God.  He will meet you at the Steps.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H = For All, I Trust Him.

A Member Shares:
Hi everyone, I'm Robin, an alcoholic with Mittenhead the cat at the keyboard.  It was a huge relief for me to learn that I didn't have to consider anyone else's conception of God.  Like many folks, I have no connection to a formal religion .  When asked, I say "I am a spiritual person."  One thing came to me in my developing conception of God and that was, "God is all."  With a sponsor, I learned to actively seek manifestations of God and God's love in my daily life.  I really turned a corner when it came to me that "God is all, including me."  I had such a low opinion of myself that it took a while for me to develop a conception of God which included me.  Since then my conception of God and my need for God in my daily life has changed and grown.  The longer I practice this program, the more I need and depend upon God.  Thank you for listening!

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment