Saturday, March 14, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - March 15, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

March 15, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Anger
If we were to live, we had to be free of anger.  The grouch and the sudden rage were not for us.
Anger is the dubious luxury of normal men, but for us alcoholics it is poison.

- As Bill Sees It, p. 5

Thought to Ponder . . .
Anger rules nothing except itself.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Avoid Anger.

A Member Shares:
I'm Greg W., an alcoholic.  Before I stopped drinking and came to AA I almost always reacted to what I didn't like with anger.  When my wife or friends questioned my drinking I was not only confused and unhappy about their comments but became very heated and angry with them.  I became irritated when was asked how much I drank and where.  After coming into AA, working the Steps and sharing my innermost 'angers' with my sponsor, I learned that I could react to disappointments without anger.  In AA I have experienced that it is a fine line between accepting and letting go of my character defects and choosing to take action to correct them.  The third part of the Serenity Prayer reminds me to seek the wisdom to know the difference on how to react to life on life's terms with sobriety, honesty, dignity and kindness rather than with anger even when I am wronged by someone else.  I like to ask myself this question, "How can I help the person who is making me angry?"  Even moreso, "How can I show love to the person who is making me angry?"  Sobriety, God, and AA always give me the strength to do so if I just wait and ask for it.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment