Tuesday, March 24, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - March 25, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

March 25, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Patience
I had to find my own personal skid row before I became willing to let the seeds of patience, tolerance, humility,
unselfishness, honesty, love, purity and charity grow within myself.
And as long as I keep the weeds of resentment, envy, selfishness, pride, anger, impatience and misunderstanding
from choking out these healthy seedlings; keep them fed and watered with regular attendance at meetings,
open-minded attentiveness to the speakers, and constant association with other AAs,
I am sure that this formula will help me to recognize and accept God's will and give me the courage and wisdom to carry it out.

The AA Grapevine, September 1955

Thought to Ponder . . .
Patience, tolerance, understanding and love are the watchwords.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
P U T = Patience, Understanding, Tolerance.

A Member Shares:
I'm Pammy, an alcoholic.  I have seen how easy it is to want to push things into how we think it should be.  Patience was never one of my best attributes, especially when life tries to overwhelm.  I see how it tries to rob me of any joy, and then has a domino effect.  The difference today as I see it is to see where I need to accept what I can work with today and leave the rest for another day.  Willingness has been a big a huge part of my spiritual experience and the awakening for me is that nothing lasts ... not even our suffering ... and patience renews my faith again.  And all I have to do to maintain it is to take time to breathe in and breathe out, thank God.  Thanks for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment