Sunday, March 1, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - March 2, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

March 2, 2015

Made a Decision
My whole way of life followed decisions predicated on convenience and expedience, as well as willfulness.
If I continued to bungle my decisions, there would be more suffering,
and perhaps one of these days I might even forget and pick up the first drink, because everything was lousy anyway. . .
I didn't want to go back to the binges, the blackouts, the hallucinations, the awful hangovers, and the guilt of past days.
The only thing left to do was to try for the first time to turn my will over to some Intelligence,
to become "willing to grow along spiritual lines." . . .
And so I "made a decision" to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understood Him.

- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], p. 146

Thought to Ponder . . .
I can't do His will my way.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G R O W T H = God Reveals Other Ways To Heal.
Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org

For further information about AA-Alive, including
:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment