Saturday, April 11, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - April 12, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

April 12, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Daily Reprieve
It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels.
We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe.  We are not cured of alcoholism.
What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent upon the maintenance of our spiritual condition.
Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 85

Thought to Ponder . . .
The will of God will never take me where the grace of God will not protect me.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

A Member Shares:
I am Mike, a very grateful alcoholic.  I have two problems when it comes to alcohol.  First, once I take the first drink I lose control.  Dr. Silkworth said that it may be an allergy to alcohol and abstinence is the only relief.  My second problem is the one that kills many alcoholics.  I am unable on my own resources to stay away from that first drink.  That requires a Power greater than me whom I come to know while doing and living the Steps.  I will die with that allergy.  I am never cured.  I can recover from that insane obsession, but only through the grace of God.  And for me, that required the action of the Twelve Steps.  Our founders did believe in permanent sobriety.  Bill used those exact words in Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions.  But at any time I can use my free will selfishly and leave God out, I will probably drink again.  But if I do what my Big Book says and live this, share it, I have no reason to think I will drink again.  Hence my Daily Reprieve.  And that reprieve doesn't come from me.  I am powerless, but it comes from One who has all Power.  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment