Tuesday, April 7, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - April 8, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

April 8, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Sober Life
Somewhat to our surprise, staying sober turns out not to be the grim, wet-blanket experience we had expected!
While we were drinking, a life without alcohol seemed like no life at all.
But for most members of AA, living sober is really living -- a joyous experience.
We much prefer it to the troubles we had with drinking.

- Living Sober, Foreword

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life will take on new meaning.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = Happy Joyous, Free.

A Member Shares:
Hi all!  I'm Di, an alcoholic recovering one day at a time.  When I'd had enough of the way I was running my life I was so desperate for change that I was willing to resign myself to live any other kind of life, boring or not.  It was as if I was turning myself in when I came back to AA, and I was ready to face the charges.  See, I was still punishing myself for being sick, and I anticipated another beating.  I didn't realize what was happening as I went through the Steps until I did.  I wasn't turning my old life in for a sad lonely life at all.  For me, this program is about letting go of the old: Old ideas, old behaviours, everything that was keeping me drunk and miserable.  In exchange, I am not getting my life back; I'm leaving it behind for the life I was meant to live.  That means I'm leaving behind people, places, and things that stand between me and my sobriety.  In exchange, I have the Fellowship of people who understand me; folks who have the same struggles, and who work the same program.  Through the Fellowship of AA I've learned how to trust people again.  I get different perspectives that help me grow.  I am very blessed to have this program as a solution.  And I’m also very blessed to have a tribe of my own to be on this journey with.  Thanks for listening and for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment