Tuesday, April 14, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - April 15, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

April 15, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness
We find that no one need have difficulty with the spirituality of the program.
Willingness, honesty and open-mindedness are the essentials of recovery.  But these are indispensable.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 568

Thought to Ponder . . .
Honesty isn't an event -- it's a process.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W = Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.

A Member Shares:
Hi, I'm David an alcoholic and glad I'm here tonight.  “H.O.W.” ... when I first shuffled into my home group I wasn't any of those.  But those people cared enough about me and their sobriety to help me stay sober for that one hour each night.  They showed a way I could continue staying sober until the next night.  After about a month or so, the topic at the meeting was, "HOW to Stay Sober."  Well, my backwoods, backwards, Louisiana drunk mind left there with WHO, or WOH.  I have yet to be perfectly honest all day, or perfectly open all day, but I have always remained willing enough to keep doing what I have to do, what I need to, or want to, but must do to stay sober one more day until I can come back into a room like this for another booster shot of good fellowship, experience, strength and hope of others, and to be a little more honest, open, and willing to learn from y'all and this program, and to become a little more tuned into a Higher Power I had never knew existed before coming to AA.  So thank you all for your ESH and for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment