Tuesday, April 21, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - April 22, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

April 22, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Unmanageable
The unmanageable aspect is part of day-to-day living and carries in it the trigger for the alcoholic's obsession with drink.
All the laws that are at work in the world are going to make every life unmanageable from time to time.
But for the alcoholic there is not only an additional danger, but also an additional opportunity.
AA offers us a program that can put life's unmanageability into perspective.

- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], p. 58

Thought to Ponder . . .
The peaks and valleys of my life have become gentle rolling hills.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A W O L = A A Way Of Life.

A Member Shares:
Hi everyone I am Kevin, an alcoholic and a member of AA.  The first time I said “I am Kevin, an alcoholic" was a relief.  I never looked back.  Coming into AA, I knew I was powerless over alcohol.  I never thought I would be walking through these doors.  I didn't come here because I won the lottery, but I did have a big jackpot: I was going to die if I didn't get here.  I didn't know how you people were going to help, but I saw hope as I looked and listened to you all.  My life was definitely unmanageable, and it did take some time for the fog to lift to see how unmanageable it really was.  AA has taught me a new way of life; a spiritual life with a Higher Power I can understand and seems to understand me with the love and guidance that I get for faith in Him.  Thank you all for saving my life and showing me this program works if I work it.  Thanks for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment