Sunday, September 13, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - September 13, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

September 13, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A New Perspective
As long as we placed self-reliance first, a genuine reliance upon a Higher Power was out of the question. . .
For us, the process of gaining a new perspective was unbelievably painful.
It was only by repeated humiliations that we were forced to learn something about humility.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 72

Thought to Ponder . . .
My perspective will change my perception.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Always Alive

A Member Shares:
Hello everyone.  Welcome to you if you are new or returning to AA.  I'm Charlie J., and I have Alcoholism.  My perspective all my life was, ah, a little warped.  It was like a one-gallon bucket.  I kept trying to put two gallons in it and never truly understood why I always ended up with just one gallon every time.  I worked hard when I was able to, but never got anywhere in life.  Every aspect of my life was a constant disaster.  I was 37 when I came back to AA to stick.  Not because my perspective changed but because a doctor diagnosed me as a chronic Alcoholic and said that if I wanted to stay stopped, I had to go back to AA.  I did.  Now I would love to say that from that point on my view of life changed abruptly that day.  The fact is, though, it took years to see the real issues that needed to change.  But God had, "seeing eye friends" in A.A. who took my hand and led the way.  I also had a book that clearly showed me how to change the new things I kept, "seeing" along the road to recovery.  By God’s grace, I have found 100% recovery using A.A.'s simple plan is not a theory; it's an AA fact.  If you are new, take our hand and follow us, and you too can fully recover.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment