Wednesday, September 9, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - September 9, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

September 9, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Listening
In shame and despair, I went to my first AA meeting. By some minor miracle, I was able to suspend opinion, analysis,
judgment. and criticism, and instead to listen and hear.
I heard someone say that AA works for those who put action into the program. . .
I heard that I should forget about yesterday and instead concentrating on today and staying away from the first drink -- now.
I tried it, and it worked.

- Came To Believe . . ., p. 42

Thought to Ponder . . .
Learn to listen; listen to learn.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A R T = Always Remain Teachable.

A Member Shares:
Good morning all, I'm Steve, an alcoholic.  Learning to be still is still difficult for me.  I heard a lot of things when I first came to AA, and much of it did not make much sense to me.  But then I was told to keep coming back and in time it will make sense.  I saw something in those people that made me realize maybe they know what they are talking about.  Another thing I heard was that sometimes the best action I can take is no action at all.  What a concept!  Does it really mean I don't have to react to every situation?  And I have found that by going through the Steps and coming to meetings one day at a time, that whole business of learning to stay still becomes easier, and doing the next right thing, becomes automatic most of the time.  And it is all because of AA.  Sure, I have issues today; money is tight, health could be a lot better, but in the big picture, I've got what I need.  I just need to be reminded, and that is why I still come to meetings so I don’t forget.  I love AA.  Newcomers, stick around if you want what we have, it only gets better.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment