Tuesday, September 15, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - September 16, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

September 16, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Rationalization
Maybe I can postpone dealing with some of my problems indefinitely.  Of course, this will not do.
Such a bluffing of oneself will have to go the way of many another pleasant rationalization.
At the very least, we shall have to come to grips with some of our worst character defects
and take action toward their removal as quickly as we can.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 69

Thought to Ponder . . .
Procrastination is really sloth in five syllables.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A B C = Action, Belief, Continue.

A Member Shares:
I'm Erin, an alcoholic.  There are always a million reasons to not do what we're supposed to do, or what we need to do.  But we've got to do these things anyway.  I try to hold on to what it is I need to do, so when the excuses come, as they do, I know what my goal is, or what I'm working toward.  The program of AA -- Steps, sponsor, prayer, etc., is the way out of my misery and out of being drunk.  I don't have to like some aspect of the program, but I have to do it anyway if I want to maintain my sobriety.  I don't have to feel like doing something to do it.  I don't have to enjoy something to do it.  I just have to do it.  So when the excuses, some of them very good excuses that seem like "reasons," start to pile up, I need to hold on to what I'm doing: the program of AA.  Thanks for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:

Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment