Wednesday, September 2, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - September 2, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

September 2, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Spirituality
We never apologize to anyone for depending upon our Creator.
We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness.
Paradoxically, it is the way of strength. . .
We never apologize for God.  Instead we let Him demonstrate, through us, what He can do.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 68

Thought to Ponder . . .
Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the moment you do not see.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E
= Heart Open; Please Enter.

A Member Shares:
Hi all, I'm Di, an alcoholic recovering one day at a time.  I drank for 27 years like my life depended on it.  Twenty-seven long, drunk, miserable years before I decided I truly wanted sobriety.  I was in a pit of despair so dark and deep that only God Himself could pull me out.  I think that’s the whole point of this program, for me at least ... turning my life over to a God of my understanding.  I wake up every day with a little less fog and a little more “now what?”  I find that I have to immediately seek out God for help upon waking.  I have to ask for the right attitude right away.  I have to ask for a clear understanding of what God wants me to do for this day and the strength to carry it out.  When I feel uncomfortable ... irritable, restless, discontent, I have to go back and ask God again.  Inevitably, I get a similar answer every day.  Keep working the Steps with my sponsor, clean house, help others, and stay connected.  Honestly, what a relief, because I have no idea what the next right thing is until I ask and listen for an answer.  I figure this is going to be an on-going conversation with God as I continue on with my life and my program.  My way never worked.  I cannot apologize or be ashamed to admit that I need God for everything I do.  It’s the only way this alkie stays sober, and somewhat content.  Thanks for listening and for showing me how.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:

Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

Please add us to your contacts/address book so this is not marked as spam.

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment