Sunday, November 1, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - November 1, 2015


AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

November 1, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Great News
The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution.
We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action.
This is the great news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 17

Thought to Ponder . . .
The solution is simple.  The solution is spiritual.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
K I S S
= Keeping It Simple, Spiritually.

A Member Shares:
I'm Charlie J., and I have Alcoholism.  I am a simple man.  I was when I was drinking, if I had what I thought was "enough" to drink, and then I was fine.  Tomorrow be damned!  I am still a simple man, today.  The great news for me about that attitude is that it has served me well getting and staying sober.  AA said I needed to find a Higher Power/God ... okay fine, I'll do that.  Why so simple?  Because nothing in my life worked and hadn't for a very, very long time.  I sure knew what was behind me when I sobered up.  There was disaster in every aspect of my life.  I was beaten down by a sickness I didn't even know I had: Alcoholism.  AA offered me a way out; a way up.  If I had to have a God, so be it.  When you are desperate and know you have hit bottom, many attitudes can change in a big hurry.  My spirituality is also simple.  I am not, after all, trying to get a seat closer to God when my appointed time comes.  I pray, and then I go about my day believing that a Higher Power or God will give me everything I need to not drink.  As far as the rest of life goes, if I have done my AA work well I can face any life problem with an attitude of, "What, if anything, can I do about this?"  And then I pray for a clear head and a path to do the right thing.  And let me just say that doing the right thing does not mean for me that the outcome will go my way.  It often means that it does not go my way and I need to make any and all, "adjustments" needed to get and stay on a firm spiritual footing.  For our new friends and our friends who may be coming back to AA, I welcome you and hope you keep coming with that all important "open mind."  It has been a life saver for me.  Sober questions are a good sign.  I think it says that we don't think we know it all.  "Keep It Simple."  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515

** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment