Saturday, November 28, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - November 29, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

November 29, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

The Light
"Believe more deeply.  Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the moment you do not see."

- As Bill Sees It, p. 3

Thought to Ponder . . .
From darkness comes light.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O P E
= Heart Open; Please Enter.

A Member Shares:
Hi all, I'm Kim and have alcoholism.  In 1988, I was in AA for the first time.  I don't know for how long, or even if I was really practicing the Steps.  I finally had an experience that became a beacon of light to follow.  I came to realize that we are all one, all connected, and everywhere all at the same time, cosmos, body, one another.  And that there is nothing to fear; love is the ultimate power of the universe.  I do not believe I really did anything for this.  It was Grace.  I didn't know what it was until I shared it with an AA friend.  I couldn't put anything together at the time at all.  I thought the Steps were not congruent; there was no real picture.  I still had so much self-will and ego.  In retrospect, this was something to grow into and not expect.  I was still at home under abusive situations and struggling with a myriad of problems over the simplest things.  I believed myself to be the exception, and that all that is God is innately in others but I was put out in the darkness.  As I worked on my ego, it changed.  I became speaking from a place where the experience must mean I'm special, and I'm not.  I acted as if what the experience told me was the truth, but didn't kick the alcohol or carry on working any Steps.  I didn't really know that this was the factor to help me with carrying on in God's will, not mine.  Anyway, I am here now.  That experience many years ago is still a beacon of light and just as real in truth as it was 28 years ago.  I understand the umbrella of congruence of the Steps now and am working the program.  I do not expect anything and am getting right-sized.  Now I can see what I can do and am doing it.  I love this program.  It took hitting a bad enough bottom to really see how powerless I am.  Thanks for listening.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment