Tuesday, November 3, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - November 4, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

November 4, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Reprieve
We are not cured of alcoholism.
What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.
Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 85

Thought to Ponder . . .
The solution is simple.  The solution is spiritual.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T
= One Day At A Time.

A Member Shares:
Hi all. I'm Di, an alcoholic recovering one day at a time.  I’m always relieved to get what I consider to be the ‘cold, hard facts’ about my alcoholism.  I’ve learned that I am not, nor will I ever, be cured of this disease.  The Big Book also says so.  I can only stay sober one day at a time depending upon my spiritual condition.  That means I have to do certain things daily to keep that connection with my Higher Power.  For me, being in early recovery means a hyper-vigilance toward earning that contingency given by God on a daily basis.  I hope I always feel that way.  It’s simple: I do a few things and He takes away the obsession to have that first drink.  It’s simple, but not easy.  I have to do my part.  Surrender is a part of my daily life today because at first I had to, and now I still do.  Now, I truly love what God comes up with for my life.  Today I will continue to admit that I’m powerless, believe that God can and will relieve my insanity, and turn my will and life over to Him.  I need help today and will need help every day of my life.  I am not cured, and I’m certainly not in control.  It’s only that daily reprieve that will keep me sober today.  Without it, there is no successful alternative for me.  I must work the Steps, meditate, pray, help others ... or I drink.  Thanks for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment