Tuesday, November 17, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - November 18, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

November 18, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Asking for Help
I went to a meeting of AA the next night, knowing I wanted what you had.
I sat in that cold metal chair and read Step One on the wall for the hundredth time.
But this time I asked with all my heart for God to help me, and a strange thing happened.
A physical sensation came over me, like a wave of pure energy,
and I felt the presence of God in that dingy little room.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 334-335

Thought to Ponder . . .
Simply asking for help seems to be a help in itself.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E L P
= His Ever-Loving Presence.

A Member Shares:
Hello Family, Lance here, an alcoholic.  I know what prevents me from asking for help.  In a word, it's Pride, and a down-deep feeling I can handle things without help, which is not true.  The only shame of alcoholism is not asking for help.  But once we do get that help we need, then the burden is back on our side of the street.  Having brought no trust with me into AA, following suggestions was a crap shoot.  The big offset for me was Hope.  I saw all of you could stay sober, and I thought heck maybe, just maybe, I could too.  Honesty wasn't one of my big-time qualities, although in my own mind I was a great humanitarian.  I did suffer from a huge ego together with an inferiority complex.  So saying, I'm an alcoholic, puts things right.  And I don't want to forget it either, lest I fall into some kind of self-delusion again.  Thanks for your patience.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment