Tuesday, January 13, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - 1-14-15

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)


~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Perseverance
As we persist, a brand-new kind of confidence is born,
and the sense of relief at finally facing ourselves is indescribable.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 50

Thought to Ponder . . .
The Three "P's" -- Perseverance, Patience, Peace.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
T R U S T = Try Relying Upon Steps and Traditions.

A Member Shares:
I'm Bobbie Jo, and I am an alcoholic.  "Perseverance!"  What came to mind instantly was never stopping on this sober journey of mine, no matter what.  I had a call from a family member who is now just over 30 days sober.  He'd thought about AA and sobriety and alcoholism a year ago.  I had done the same.  I had wondered about AA when I was 27 but did not come to AA until I turned 50.  That's a long time to drag my feet.  Now here we are at the beginning of this year, and I'm so glad to have a good spiritual foundation.  I never gave up.  It's true what the oldtimers shared in my local meetings that I never have to drink again.  What works for me is, of course, the Steps.  I attend meetings to hear what others have to share.  I've learned to use that dang 100-ton phone and call for help.  I can keep working it all.  Perseverance? Of course .. no matter what life tosses my way.  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment