Tuesday, January 20, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - January 21, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 21, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Trust
For we are now on a different basis; the basis of trusting and relying upon God.
We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves.  We are in the world to play the role He assigns.
Just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us, and humbly rely on Him,
does He enable us to match calamity with serenity.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 68

Thought to Ponder . . .
Reliance on God enables me to match calamity with serenity.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G O D = Gifts Offered Daily

A Member Shares:
I am Mike, a very grateful alcoholic.  I didn't just wake up and come to AA to save my soul; I came to AA to save my ass.  I was in deep trouble and it took some old-timers to explain to me that my ass and my soul are connected.  I was, at one time, an atheist.  I didn’t even think I could believe, but that was not the case.  You see, God's transmitter was never broken, but through alcohol and self-centeredness I had destroyed my receiver.  In order to receive this gift of sobriety or God's grace I had to make myself ready to receive it.  I had to use Steps 4 through 9 to clear that heart filled with anger, resentment, hate and fear.  It's almost like someone giving you a new bedroom set.  Before you can receive that new furniture, first you've got to get rid of the old.  That's how our Steps work.  Do I do this perfectly?  No!  But it always works when I finally give up my will and accept His.  I am a human living in a sorely troubled world seeking a spiritual life; one that is happy, joyous and free.  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment