Saturday, January 24, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - January 25, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 25, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Spiritual Awakening
When a man or a woman has a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able
to do, feel, and believe that which he could not do on his unaided strength and resources alone.
He has been granted a gift which amounts to a new state of consciousness and being.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 106-107

Thought to Ponder . . .
A spiritual awakening is our greatest gift.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G I F T = God Is Forever There.

A Member Shares:
Hello all, I am Kevin, an alcoholic.  That day I asked God for help with my drinking problem was the start of my spiritual awakening.  God led me to AA.  AA taught me a new spiritual lifestyle.  Through this way of life I have seen God work for me as I work for God.  This awakening into a spiritual life with the God of my understanding has lead me through the 12 Steps which have brought me closer and closer to that Power greater than me.  Then one day I was struggling; almost ready to drink.  In my mind I could see that bottle of alcohol calling to me.  I prayed even more deeply than I have ever prayed before.  Suddenly, I was overcome by a feeling that I was loved and cared for.  I believe it was a spiritual experience of God.  God was giving me the gift of Himself, there for me to help me and to love me.  This closeness with God would never have happened without the program of AA and all of you to teach me How It Works.  Thanks so much for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment