Tuesday, January 27, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - January 28, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 28, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Maintenance and Growth
It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility and unhappiness.
To the precise extent that we permit these, do we squander the hours that might have been worthwhile.
But with the alcoholic, whose hope is the maintenance and growth of a spiritual experience,
this business of harboring resentment is infinitely grave.

- As Bill Sees It, p. 5

Thought to Ponder . . .
Hurt people hurt people.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Altered Attitudes.

A Member Shares:
Hi Family, I'm Deb, and I am an alcoholic.  I want to continue to grow spiritually, grow my faith, and grow in the spiritual principles of The Program of AA.  For me, to "maintain" is to keep things in the same condition.  And some days that is fine, not backsliding, but also not moving forward.  As for anger and resentments, oh heavens!  I have wasted so much of my life replaying those in my head.  The only thing that changed was my perception.  I could conveniently block out my parts and put a magnifying glass on someone else's part.  And, boy! did I think it justified a drink -- or twelve!  They tell me not to sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff.  Most of the time, that's easy, granted.  But there are times when I am not spiritually fit and anger grabs a hold of me.  Thankfully, I have people around who will call me on it, and after, I know I need to give it to God.  By the Grace of God, the program of AA, and the goodness of the Fellowship, I am sober today.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.



No comments:

Post a Comment