Wednesday, January 7, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - January 7, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

January 7, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Surrender
Because I find it hard to let go of the kind of worrisome thoughts and attitudes that cause me immense anguish,
all I need to do during those times is allow God, as I understand Him, to release them for me,
and then and there, I let go of the thoughts, memories and attitudes that are troubling me.

- Daily Reflections p. 320

Thought to Ponder . . .
When I struggle, I sink. When I let go, I float.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
K I S S = Keep It Simple, Spiritually

A Member Shares:
All the times I've read and heard this, these 2 words just jumped out at me, "fearless and thorough from the very start." Like this, my mind said, "Why can't you let go of people, places and things thoroughly and fearlessly?" I now add, "and quickly." I let go quite a bit and continue to have lots to let go of; judging, resentments, wasting my mind perseverating in a slopping mess of negativity. I'll leave the rest to imagination.
Just to be clear, it was the "fearless and thorough" I'd been short-changing. Letting go has been mandatory for me to stay sober and I've done it. But was I fearless and thorough? I doubt it. They popped out because there were several tired and tiring resentments grey with age and covered with dustballs that alerted me. Causing flames of anger. How 'bout dealing with that anger mess fearlessly and thoroughly! Quickly, too. See, if I'd taken them (fearless and thorough) through the steps, the Serenity Prayer, etc., I wouldn't be backing up...Life could be a dream.


To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)



The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net




** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment