Tuesday, December 15, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - December 16, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 16, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A New Meaning
Life will take on new meaning.  To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish,
to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends -- this is an experience you must not miss.
We know you won't want to miss it.
Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 89

Thought to Ponder . . .
I'm not alone anymore.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H O W
= Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.

A Member Shares:
Hi family, I'm Joanna, an alcoholic.  I never for a minute thought I could measure up.  At that first meeting, everyone had clean hair and fingernails and even pressed clothes.  I wasn't at all sure I belonged.  People started hugging me, as smelly and awful as I was.  Their eyes were shining with love.  They were smiling and saying, "Keep coming back!"  I couldn't believe it.  I hadn't been hugged in years.  They seemed genuinely interested in me; caring, even.  After a few 24's, I began to realize that they had all been where I'd been, and they knew exactly how I was feeling.  I broke down in tears.  Here I was, loved by people I'd never met and yet, they knew me as well as I began to know them.  By God's grace, it was at that very first meeting when I compared myself with others and began to find myself.  And I haven't looked back since.  AA saved my life -- and still does each day.  By the way, today's date marks my 86th birthday as well as my 38th AA anniversary.  It’s a double celebration.  My heart overflows with gratitude.   Thank God for AA -- He has blessed us each and every one.  Thanks for letting me share.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment