Tuesday, December 1, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - December 2, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 2, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Awakening
When a man or a woman has a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it
is that he has now become able to do, feel, and believe that which he could not do on his unaided strength and resources alone.
He has been granted a gift which amounts to a new state of consciousness and being.

- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 106-107

Thought to Ponder . . .
A spiritual awakening is our greatest gift.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A
= Always Aware.

A Member Shares:
I'm Pammy, and I am an alcoholic.  When I started working the Steps, I was a little vague on Step 12.  I didn't know what a spiritual awakening was supposed to feel like, nor did I ask.  I was expecting something on a grand scale since I was so sure I was special, dontcha know.  I started opening up more because I was getting frustrated again, and the last time that happened I relapsed.  I was more afraid of that happening again than asking and looking the fool.  My sponsor talked to me about motives.  I had always been a people-pleaser and could never say no.  I wanted people not so much to like me, but not to be hated.  I was afraid of getting it wrong, as well.  Today, I ask myself to sit back and pray for the right time to enter when reaching out.  Those little "I can't, I don't know how" thoughts are fading and those "oh my God, I can!" are my little awakenings.  My motives are clear.  I'm no hero ... that's God's spot.  My living as a sober example is my service, and He leads me.  Like a sponsor, I can't be a babysitter, or a marriage counselor.  I am just here to show others that there is life after the bottle has been chucked away.  Thank you.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment