Tuesday, December 29, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - December 30, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 30, 2015

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Review the Day
When we retire at night, we constructively review our day.  Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? . . .
What could we have done better? . . .
After making our review, we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.

- As Bill Sees It, p. 89

Thought to Ponder . . .
Every day is a gift.  That is why we call it the present.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H
= Facing All, Intuitively Trusting Him.

A Member Shares:
Joannie here, and I’m an alkie for sure.  I love this topic for today.  I do review my day each night, it has become a habit to thank God for my day sober and for the gifts He has given me that day.  Sometimes those gifts are not my idea of good, but are given to me so I may learn to accept Life 101 as it is.  It keeps me on the humble side.  Just yesterday, I really had a super day.  I finally felt like I was going to live.  I've been so ill for so long and God tossed me a couple more little miracles.  I was so grateful for them.  Then what did I do last night?  While going through the day, I stared at the negatives of the day.  After about five minutes, I yelled out loud, "OK, Satan, be gone!  I don't need your negative input" and went back to my gratitude list and my inventory of the day.  I don't think I have amends to make today.  I made mine to my Higher Power last night -- He forgave me.  Today is a new slate; it is only 5:46am here in California, and I will do my darnedest to help someone else in whatever way I can.  Thanks for letting me share from my heart.  God bless.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net
G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment