Thursday, December 10, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - February 23, 2013

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

February 23, 2013

Easier, Softer Way

When I couldn't find an easier, softer way,
I looked for a person with the magic wand, the one person in AA
who could make me all better, right now. This was a frustrating task . . .
I finally realized that if I wanted this life,
I was going to have to do what the others had done.
No one made me drink, and no one was going to make me sober.
This program is for people who want it, not people who need it.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 315

Thought to Ponder . . .
While it isn't always easy, if I keep it simple, it works.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S W A T = Surrender, Willingness, Action, Trust.

 
Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org

For further information about AA-Alive, including
:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment