Wednesday, December 16, 2015

AA Thought for the Day - December 17, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 17, 2015

The Handshake
I stumbled up the steps and came into this room, and some guy was up front talking, but I couldn't hear what he said.
A couple of guys shook my hand.  Another one put his arm around my shoulder, and a third one gave me a cup of coffee.
These guys had never seen me before -- they didn't know me from a bag of beans -- but all of a sudden I felt they liked me.
An elementary thing, you say?  Of no importance?  Nonsense!
When you've been lost, lonely, forgotten, rejected, it's the most important thing in the world to have somebody shake your hand.

- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 1], p. 157

Thought to Ponder . . .
That light at the end of the tunnel may be you.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Always Awesome.
Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org

For further information about AA-Alive, including
:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment