Tuesday, December 23, 2014

AA Thought for the Day - December 24, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 24, 2014

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

A Leap of Faith
We needed to ask ourselves but one short question.
"Do I now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power greater than myself?"
As soon as a man can say that he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way.

- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 47

Thought to Ponder . . .
Faith dares the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H = Finding Answers In The Heart.

A Member Shares:
Hello everyone, Scott here, an alcoholic.  December 23, countdown to Christmas!  Still haven't got all my shopping done, and the stress is mounting.  This will be my first Christmas sober (God willing).  This time of year is always hard, so much running around, cash flow, and my wife is sick in bed.  I'm still a newbie, but I have really concentrated on prayer and meditation over the past 35 days or so.  Really digging into the Big Book, reading it closely and reflecting on the message.  You are right on, friends!  I took all of your advice, and found an AA group close to where I live (reluctantly), and met some really good people.  Not at all what I envisioned going in.  You all have been my inspiration to take action.  For all you other new people out there: I am one of you, and can relate to all the questions and fears you are probably going through.  I am not qualified to give advice, but what has helped me is that I just took a leap of faith and went into this with an open mind, and a lot of trust.  This is where I think I am starting to connect with my Higher Power.  For me, it isn't like turning on a light switch.  It is coming with practice and reflection.  I absolutely feel the support that this group of caring folks gives me as we go into the back-to-back holidays.  Thank you all for caring!

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment