Saturday, December 27, 2014

AA Thought for the Day - December 28, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 28, 2014

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

The Circle and Triangle
Above us, at the International Convention in St. Louis in 1955, floated a banner
on which was inscribed the then new symbol for AA, a circle enclosing a triangle.
The circle stands for the whole world of AA, and the triangle stands for AA's Three Legacies: Recovery, Unity, and Service.
It is perhaps no accident that priests and seers of antiquity regarded this symbol as a means of warding off spirits of evil.

- As Bill Sees It, p. 307

Thought to Ponder . . .
Within our wonderful new world, we have found freedom from our fatal obsession.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A's - R - U S = Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery, Unity, Service.

A Member Shares:
Hello all, Mark here, alcoholic.  I thought I'd get my hand up.  I like this room; it's just the right size.  I have never heard this topic in a meeting, which is odd because I've heard many topics repeated, so this is refreshing.  We look at our AA symbol often, the triangle in the circle.  It's like a magical algebra equation that lifts us into that other dimension.  I've been re-reading the Big Book and I'm thrilled to find that it is evergreen.  Back to topic: "Unity, Service, Recovery."  What would you or I have done without those who came before and established this program?  AA is the only thing in my life that has ever ignited me into unity and service, probably because I so desperately need to recover.  I cannot be a shivering denizen of King Alcohol any more.  I was dying.  Dying by my own hand, I poured a bottle of booze into me every day.  I was shattered.  AA lifted me up – you all lifted me up!  But unless I take part, I am not a part.  And I desperately want what you all have.  So happy holidays to you all.  Here's to Unity, Service, and our Recovery!  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment