Saturday, December 6, 2014

AA Thought for the Day - December 7, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 7, 2014

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Living Sober
Somewhat to our surprise, staying sober turns out not to be the grim, wet-blanket experience we had expected!
While we were drinking, a life without alcohol seemed like no life at all.
But for sober members of AA, living sober is really living -- a joyous experience.
We much prefer it to the troubles we had with drinking.
One more note: anyone can get sober.  We have done it lots of times.  The trick is to stay and to live sober.
That is what this booklet is about.

- Living Sober, Foreword

Thought to Ponder . . .
Life didn't end when I got sober -- it started.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
O D A A T = One Day At A Time.

A Member Shares:
I'm Susan, a grateful alcoholic.  If it were not for AA, I would not be alive today.  I used to say, "Staying Sober ODAAT," but a month ago someone here said something else that stuck in my head: "Living Life ODAAT" with the tools we are given in this program.  I loved that.  My memory is short, so to remember that means it is significant.  And now, it is one of my major goals.  I no longer desire to drink, ever.  I am very fortunate that way.  But I have much to learn about living.  In this room, I listen and learn.  No longer afraid to ask questions any more, either.  What a gift.  I'm not the same woman that I was, not even 6 months ago.  I am blessed.  Thank you for being my teachers.  Blessings to you all.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515



** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment