Tuesday, December 30, 2014

AA Thought for the Day - December 31, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
(courtesy AA-Alive.net)

December 31, 2014

~ Scroll Down for Share ~

Faith
When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands
were better than anything we could have planned.

- As Bill Sees It, p. 2

Thought to Ponder . . .
Breathe in faith, breathe out fear.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
F A I T H = Finding Answers In The Heart.

A Member Shares:
Hello everyone Jenny, an alcoholic, here.  Whew!  The Holidays ... oh boy!  I got sober in October and remember being really scared.  But as time went on and belief in my Higher Power grew stronger each day, I learned that the only fear I had to deal with was in my own head and if I kept close to AA and my HP, the holidays came and went without picking up.  Society puts so much pressure on us during these few months that it can be overwhelming at times.  But I try to remember they show up each year and in reality it is just another day.  We live one day at a time, and for those whose faith is strong we can see the holidays through.  In the years I've been sober I know in my heart there were moments when it was only my HP, God of my understanding, who kept me sober in that moment, that hour, that day.  As time went on, I was able to look back and reflect and could see clearly that my HP was right with me, protecting me and leading me in the right direction.  As I look at my AA family here, I see and feel a part of HP in each and every one of you.  You are all miracles, living sober lives, being honest and caring people again.  May you all have safe and sober holidays and remember we do this together.  Don't struggle alone, pick up that phone and reach out!  Thanks.

To respond to the sharer, please email DTShare@aa-alive.org and it will be forwarded to them.
(All shares are reproduced with the kind permission of the person sharing)


Thanks to all of you for sharing so generously of your experience, strength and hope in carrying the AA message.
Blessings in sobriety to all,
In love and service,
joanna b
dailythought@aa-alive.org
For further information about AA-Alive, including:
Meeting Schedule
The Daily Thought Discussion Board
Service Opportunities
AA Birthday Signups
Helpful links and much more
Please go to our Website
http://aa-alive.net

G.S.O. Registration Number: 712515


** Trademarks and Disclaimer: **
Alcoholics Anonymous, AA, and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services. The AA Daily Thought is neither endorsed by, approved by, associated nor affiliated with, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc., or The AA Grapevine, Inc.
Disclaimer: The Daily Thought is meant for domestic distribution only and for countries where it is in public domain.


No comments:

Post a Comment